Monday, October 11

niqab

the gift of women, then, in a
sort of heaven:
  • humans don't so much shatter
    as come apart.
  • "they don't love their children."
  • daughters, now, receiving
    the send off, not coming home in
    boxes, not enough to be
    found,
  • sentries. walkers that go
    any where, watchers that
    suspend in black a motif of eyes.
what do they offer them for that?

within the shroud, a shroud. an eye.
within the shroud a ticking heat.

(You assemble a percussive beat, which
is not the heart's beat, but rushes in
the blood all the same)

1 comment:

ablefires said...

I forgot how much I love this blog. Just revisiting our old poetry today since I have time for the first time in months... Love this poem by the way. My favorite is the "sentries" line, as well as the last: "You assemble a percussive beat.." I miss you! I need to keep in contact with you more often. Can´t believe you´re off to India in a week! <3